COVID-19 Information Notice
The Community Control Group (CCG) for the Emergency Management Plan met on Friday, March 13th to discuss the COVID-19 situation. The meeting was to make recommendations to Council for a strategy to help slow the spread of this virus and protect our community, using an abundance of caution. The Municipality is doing our part to minimize the risk to our residents.
Please note at this time:
- The threat of the virus is not impacting any essential municipal services.
- Our emergency response personnel will continue to respond to calls and will be taking additional infection control precautions.
- The Municipal Office is remaining open at this time, but we encourage people to pay tax and utility payments on-line, by mail or use the drop box at the municipal hall, and to phone rather than come into to the office for inquiries as much as possible.
- The Municipality may be closing recreational and cultural facilities and cancelling or postponing events, please check the website for further notice.
- Residents, staff and visitors are encouraged to practice good hygienic practices including handwashing. Please refer to the Municipal Website mycallander.ca for more information.
- The Province has now prohibited all gatherings larger than 250 people, but residents and staff are encouraged to avoid all non-essential travel and gatherings smaller than this until further notice.
- Our CCG will continue to monitor the situation and we will post updates as the situation evolves.