Building Department - Notice of Modified Services CoVID-19 for Municipality of Callander Building Department March 20, 2020
Notice of Modified Services for Municipality of Callander Building Department March 20, 2020 - REVISED APRIL 20, 2020
The Municipality of Callander is operating in accordance to the Ontario Regulation 82/20, outlined below.
Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act
ONTARIO REGULATION 82/20
ORDER UNDER SUBSECTION 7.0.2 (4) – CLOSURE OF PLACES OF NON-ESSENTIAL BUSSINESS
- Maintenance, repair and property management services strictly necessary to manage and maintain the safety, security, sanitation and essential operation of institutional, commercial, industrial and residential properties and buildings.
- Residential construction projects where,
i. a footing permit has been granted for single family, semi-detached and townhomes,
ii. an above grade structural permit has been granted for condominiums, mixed use and other buildings, or
iii the project involves renovations to residential properties and construction work that was started before April 4, 2020.
Construction and maintenance activities necessary to temporarily close construction sites that have paused or are not active and to ensure ongoing public safety.
Although Issuance of Building Permits is currently restricted to those permitted under ONTARIO REGULATION 82/20 ORDER UNDER SUBSECTION 7.0.2 (4) – CLOSURE OF NON-ESSENTIAL BUSINESSES, the Municipality of Callander encourages the public/building community to submit Permit Applications for review, in preparation for the lifting of the current restrictions.
- Applications submitted electronically can be e-mailed to the Chief Building Official email@example.com
- All hard copy applications (mailed / dropped off in exterior drop box at the Main Municipal Office located at 280 Main Street North) will be treated and quarantined for a minimum of 48 hours prior to processing
- Applications that are processed/approved will be returned either electronically or by mail
Code Related Inquires:
- At this time code related questions will be restricted to email or phone correspondence
The Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health has advised that the next few weeks are critical in terms of slowing the spread of the COVID-19 virus. The Building Department will be imposing the following conditions.
- Worksites shall be limited to no more than 4 employees during requested inspection times
- Social distancing shall be maintained during the requested inspection
- Worksites with employees that are ill or have been out of the country within the last 14 days will not be inspected
- All required documentation (i.e. Engineered specifications/truss packages) shall be submitted electronically in advance
- Open construction sites will continue to be inspected provided workers are symptom free and practicing social distancing
- Enclosed construction sites shall meet the 4 conditions outlined
- Occupied premises at this time will not be inspected (i.e. interior alterations/renovations, additions, Finished basements)